WordPress comes with many security measures; however, no system can be 100% secure. There are simple security measures you can take to monitor and make your site more secure.
I like to follow best practices for security; these include:
- Keeping your WordPress core files & plugins up-to-date. WordPress, plugins, and themes release updates, these updates fix bugs, specific security issues, and add new features. It’s crucial to update files and plugins regularly for the health of your site and to minimize the risk that your website could be hacked or stop working.
- Using strong passwords and change your password regularly.
- Making sure your hosting company uses secured web servers and current versions of the software.
- Employing security plugins. I use Securi; this plugin performs Continuous Malware & Hack Scanning, continuous monitoring of your site; Malware Removal & Hack Response and more.
- Backing up your database and files regularly.
I offer all my new clients a maintenance package with WordPress backups, updates, and the Securi yearly Website Security Solution.
I offer packages for clients with existing WordPress websites after an initial assessment.
- Daily backup
- WordPress updates
- Plugin updates
- Update issues resolved
- 1-hour tech support per month
Securi Website Security Solution